Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'll be a better writer tomorrow

…Today I’ll have a few words of importance, a few words that aren’t worth shit, and a few words about sports (which will either be words of importance or words that aren’t worth shit depending on which way you swing)…

…I have this thing where it takes me months to finish books sometimes. I finally finished a book called The Emperor of Ocean Park. I thoroughly enjoyed it from cover to cover. Today I picked up Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson. I remember reading a portion of it in a high school writing thing, I’m excited because it’s already super interesting and hilarious. I’ve become a nerd these last couple of weeks. I read too much (or not enough)…

…Today I’ve been listening to Jimmy Hendrix’s first studio album “Are You Experienced?” and I’m pleased. There are very few classic rock albums that I’ll sit down and listen to (like Led Zeppelin’s first album and Pink Floyd’s “The Dark Side” and The Doors’ “Waiting for the Sun,”) this will definitely be one of them…

…I had a cheeseburger today and it didn’t go well for some reason. When I swallowed my first bite (no homo hahahaha) I immediately felt like it clogged every fucking artery that’s worth clogging. Sure, it tasted like ambrosia, but I need to eat healthier. Also, I’m getting back in the gym, I’ll have my weight back up to 150lbs by the end of the summer. I’m currently at 146. I have 53 days to put on four pounds – this is much harder than it sounds for someone who is part toothpick…

…I’m convinced if I had a reality show, I’d change your view on their importance within the greater schemes of American society. My show will be that important…

…I remembered another dream last night. My car talked like those cars on those old Chevron commercials. We talked about anxiety attacks and the perfection that is Paula Patton. I don’t know what it means…

…Of course, I have thoughts on the WNBA brawl. What kind of question is that…

…How has no one sampled Hendrix’s “Foxy Lady” yet? Snoop Dogg would pay a lot of money for this instrumental…

…For some reason I thought it was a good idea to get text message alerts about all of the Giants games at the beginning of the season, so far, I’ve gotten 58 text messages that have pissed me off…

…Speaking of being pissed off, everyone was all surprised that I was so pissed. Most people actually never see me mad, which I guess, no one did this time, which I’m guessing was the reason for their shock. Who was I mad at? She knows, and if she doesn’t she’s a bum. I’ll won’t be talking about this anymore so stop asking…

…I’m really not excited about writing anymore. I’m just going through the motions until I’m actually inspired by something that’s worth being excited about…

…About a week ago Davion told me that I need to be writing things the way I would say them, that may be the best advice I’ve been given about writing, I just need to figure out how to do that…

…If I had a choice between being thrown in a pit of poisonous snakes and being thrown in an angry Samoan’s tent, I’d choose the snakes every time…

…My sister is probably the only person who can take someone’s bad situation, make a terrible joke about it and be looked at as a comic genius. Yesterday she told me that she thinks my grandfather pushed my grandmother and that is the reason she hit her head and ended up in the hospital. I had tears because of the laughter. If I had said that shit, I’d be considered nothing short of evil…

…Three NFL teams to look out for next year: The Redskins, the Cardinals, and the Jaguars. All three of those teams will make the playoffs. The Cowboys, however, will win the Super Bowl. The Raiders (I’m hoping this isn’t a stretch) will finish at 8-8. No jokes here…

…Sometimes I wish Maurice Clarett didn’t turn out the way he did – but right now, I’m glad he did, I feel better about myself…

…This has been yet another unproductive blog…

…Hopefully I’ll be back tomorrow a much better writer. As a matter of fact, that’s the new motto – be a better writer tomorrow. It’s both inspiration to work harder and an excuse. I’m working hard to become a better tomorrow every day, but if I don’t feel like doing shit, I’ll just be a better writer tomorrow. I love it. I’m a genius. I’ll leave with that…

Stay Hideous and be a better writer tomorrow!
-PB

(Word count to date: 42,415
53 days and 57,585 words to go)

2 comments:

Ed The Sports Fan said...

I thought Maurice Clarett (and Mike Williams too) was going to change the world. Instead they fed into the hype into EXACTLY WHY they don't draft kids before their eligible. Get to the 100K words man, hurry up.

-Ed.

imsohideous said...

Yeah, Mike Williams tried to ruin my life leaving USC early (God I hope they beat OSU on Sept 13th) and as much as I hate Ohio State, I loved Clarett in college. I think if they would have let him play in the NFL that year, he'd be doing fine right now, it's that year off of football that got him in trouble. Bastard.

I'm working on that 100,000. I will get it done before Sept 15th. Thanks for reading though.