Monday, June 16, 2008

Waiting for the Kia to get fixed!

It's midday and I'm really having problems coming up with topics to write about. I've started a few soon-to-be-blogs, but I'm just not satisfied with the way they're written right now. Maybe I'll get back to them later. Hopefully. My thoughts on Game 5 I'm not convinced that the Celtics are a better team than the Lakers are. Call me crazy, call me non-logical, call me biased... I could really give two fucks. The Celtics have had just as many terrible stretches of basketball than the Lakers had, they don't play defense for 48 minutes, they turn the ball over at high rates and they aren't rebounding as well as well as everyone predicted they would coming into this series. In my opinion, this has been a combination of two very overrated teams and this series has not lived up to the hype. It's been really bad basketball for five games now.

The difference in this series has been third quarter energy. That is it. Nothing else. Boston has let large leads get away, Boston has had terrible scoring stretches, Boston has fallen apart defensively too, they've just come out playing with more energy in the third quarter. If the Lakers were able to score five to 10 more points in any of the third quarters in games one through four, we'd be looking at a completely different series. I said after Game 1 that the third quarter would be crucial because I've watched the Lakers my whole life, and the Lakers were much better than their 2006 record said. They lost so many games that year because of their lack of third quarter energy, and I immediately saw that after the first game of the series. With that being said, Rajon Rondo's injury in Game 4 was the best thing to happen to the Celtics, and I said that after Game 3's win on my blog. Doc Rivers realized that the Lakers weren't going to be able to double team Paul Pierce with myriad shooters on the floor. Rivers hasn't out coached Jackson, it's just his great coaching decisions have fallen into his lap by chance. Leon Powe came in because of foul trouble, Eddie House came in because of injury and Tom Thibbedeau is a defensive genius -- so don't give any credit to Rivers for Kobe's struggles -- give it to Thibbedeau and Pau Gasol.

Speaking of Gasol, he's slowly working his way over to my most hated list, and last night pretty much sealed the deal. He had Rajon Rondo on the block on a switch, one-on-one, and instead of muscling his way to the rack, his pussy ass floated a bum ass jump hook over the Celtics' point guard who weighs no more than 155 pounds soaking wet -- and missed it! Sure, he got the offensive board and put it back in, but that's besides the point. I can't stand bitches on the basketball court,( and no, that is not a shot at women's basketball) not a bitch in the sense of having a pussy, but a pussy making no God Damned sense! Let me move on before I get pissed...

... I went to church on Sunday, if you don't know me, I've been struggling with the idea of Christianity -- or even having a religion at all for that matter. I went with the grandparents to a church I had never been to before and it was a really good experience (surprisingly). The pastor was really good, actually one of the best I've ever seen and I really liked the message. This isn't important at all, I just need to get words out. I'm still bothered by fake ass Christians and nothing will ever change that...

... I kind of wish people would stop assuming that I want to be on television when I tell them I'm studying journalism. No fucker, I want to write...

... DO NOT, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, CALL ME PHIL. I HATE THAT GOD DAMNED NAME. WHEN I'M 67 AND RETIRED, THEN YOU CAN CALL ME PHIL, UNTIL THEN, IT'S PHILLIP FUCKERS...

... I'm tired of the same girl trying to get at me. Not the same girl in the sense that this one girl keeps bothering me, but it's the same kind of girl. If you bought your hair at the fucking hair shop, do not talk to me. If you own Soulja Boy's album, do not talk to me. If you speak like all of those ghetto ass bitches from Flavor of Love, do not talk to me. Oh, and if your parents are Republicans, I'm not down with that shit either. I'm just keeping it real...

... I think I'm disgusted by pink lipstick. I'm not kidding...

... I'm watching Judge Hatchet right now and these niggas are killing me. The lady has a kid with this dude, but the dude might not be the father because she was sleeping around with some other dude. But the dude who's in court with her has eight kids with five different women -- and she said that she stayed with the nigga because she was in love with him. Really? You're in love with some nigga with eight kids with five other hoes and you're sleeping around with other dudes. This is why I'm never getting married -- people are shady and can't keep their damn pants on. I'm not down with that either...

... I really can't wait for Nas' new album to come out. I haven't been this excited about a Nas album since God's Son...

... I have to go to the Rock the Bells tour this year. A Tribe Called Quest, Mos Def, Nas -- what more can I ask for...

... I move out of the studio in two weeks from now. It's going to be weird not living by myself, but I'm sooooooooooo excited about paying $200 less for rent than what I'm paying now. I'm going to be ballin in a few months...

... Bill Simmons just wrote an article about how no one watches tennis anymore. I can't be the only one who watches tennis, can I? I can't be. I'm starting a club...

... The Mole is tonight, make sure you watch it. Hooray for having a topic to write about tomorrow! Hopefully days like these will be fewer than the times Lamar Odom comes up in the clutch...

... Yesterday my uncle asked me if I knew Charles Barkley was only 6'4''. I was thinking "I know more about Charles Barkley than you know about the Bible, fucker." Damn Jesus freaks always trying to teach me something...

... Divorce Court just came on. Judge Lynn Toler doesn't have shit on Judge Hatchet. Seriously, it's not even close...

... My grandma has a Blackberry with none of the features. She just bought it for the looks, she cracks me up...

... Talkhoops.net editor, Zach Harper, just sent me a text message letting me know that Danny Green and Wayne Ellington are going back to North Carolina. That is great news for me since USC is going to be terrible next season. If Ty Lawson stays in school I'll shit myself. More on that later...

... How the hell did Chris Mihm get on the floor last night. Since when does 12th men get playing time -- in the second quarter?!? That shit is beyond me...

... Robert Dozier has the funniest name in college basketball...

I'm tired of BS-ing. I'm done for the day. I'm at my grandpa's house and there is no MS Word on this computer so I'll have a word count for you later.

Until tomorrow, Stay Hideous -PB

No comments: