Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Paul Pierce is an idiot

Wait… When did Paul Pierce become the best basketball player in the world?

Q: Is Kobe really the best player in the world?
A: I don't think Kobe is the best player. I'm the best player. There's a line that separates having confidence and being conceited. I don't cross that line but I have a lot of confidence in myself."

Yes, that question was really asked and yes, that was a serious answer. No, Michael Jordan didn’t say it, neither did Magic or Larry Bird. Nah, it wasn’t Lebron James either. So who said it? Paul Pierce. No, I didn’t misspell Stephon Marbury or Darius Miles, Paul Pierce really said that he is the best player in the world.

Maybe he was talking about Scrabble or Checkers, he couldn’t have been talking about basketball could he? No, he wasn’t talking about any board games, he wasn’t talking about Disney Scene-It or Dominoes either, Paul Pierce was talking about basketball. Not NBA Live (or NBA 2K8 for you bums who hate on EA Sports), he was talking about real live basketball. According to a Madrid, Spain news source, RedArmy, Paul Pierce thinks when he laces up his sneakers, he’s always the best on the floor. This is not a joke, in fact, it’s far from it because the statement was so ridiculous I couldn’t even laugh.

I know if you’ve read anything I’ve written for this website you probably know that I’m a Lakers fan and you probably will have a few questions about the objectivity of me writing this article like: do you think Kobe is the best in the league right now? Are you a Paul Pierce fan? Can you write this objectively if the answers to those questions are yes and no respectively? Well, the answers to your questions are, definitely, I hate Kansas and the Celtics and probably not. However, I have one question for you, does it matter if I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, because that’s exactly what I plan on doing...

[Be sure to check out the rest of this article at Talkhoops.net. Just click this link.]

Stay Hideous
-PB

(Word count to date: 50,261
40 days and 49,739 words to go)

P.s. Part 2 of Simply Wild should be up later on today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you think Kobe is the best in the league right now?
Yeea I hate to admit it but he is. Corey Maggette might be close, but thats only because he can hoop, wear the number 50 and looks like Method Man


Are you a Paul Pierce fan?
Most definitely. Bloods for life.

but at the same time I don't hate PP for saying that. I wouldn't expect someone who is not a bitch to say something else.No one on that level likes to admit that he is not the best. Which is why you have all these random Messicans proclaiming themselves to be the best boxers of all time after winning a belt. Ridiculous, yes, but you can't really fault him for it.

But either way did PP outplay Kobester in the finals? ..... Survey says.....

Absoloutely