Thursday, August 7, 2008

Letting it out

Today’s blog is just going to cover a few topics.

Simply Wild
I’m going to have to put the conclusion of that on hold for a couple days because I have a lot going on right now. I promise it will be finished for those of you who care.

Annoyances
I've been annoyed beyond belief with a few things lately and I’m going to run down a few of them for you.

I’m sick and tired of dudes who bring their girlfriends to the gym and cupcake with them the whole damn time. I went to the gym this morning before I came into work today and this little (literally) Mexican couple came into the gym and were kissing and flirting and shit all in the middle of the place. When I’m working out that’s the last thing I want to see. Then the bastards moved over to the couch and were just making out in front of the damn big screen TV. Now I can’t go over there and watch ESPN (still no cable at the new apartment yet grrrrrr!) because these two refuse to get a damn room. Look, I don’t care if you bring your girlfriend to the gym to work out, but work the fuck out. None of us wake up early to see your ass kiss on your ugly ass girlfriend.

I’m sick and tired of people calling me after 1am. There are a very, very select few number of people who can call me late at night and I’ll have no problem with it, but I can count those people on the fingers of my left hand. There is one guy on the list, so if you’re a guy and you’re calling me after 1am I’m punching you in the fucking neck the next time I see you. Also, of the four girls, only two of them are not related to me. Meaning, if you’re not my mom or my sister, chances are I don’t want your bum ass calling me after 1am. I can’t punch you in the neck because only bitch ass men hit women, but I’ll have my sister punch you in the neck and I’ll tape that shit and put it on youtube. I like sleeping, don’t wake me up if it isn’t important. Bastards.

I’m sick and tired of people who shove religion down others throats. Don’t come to me with your Jesus madness. I know where I am in life and I know where I want to be, I don’t need you telling me that I can’t get there if I don’t live like a damn Christian, especially when you’re probably not living like one either. I’m not against Christianity, but I’m not necessarily for it either. I have my reasons for not going to church anymore (football?) just like you have your reasons to continue to go (socialize?). One day I’m going to get mad and kick some knowledge to one of these mofo’s. I know the Bible (kind of), but I’ve studied other religions (most interesting shit ever) and I just don’t think Christianity is the “only way” for salvation – and I like sinning way too much.

I’m sick and tired of people who take my kindness for weakness. One day, when you’re asking me to do something for you, you’re going to get mad when I say no and you’re going to think I’m evil (which a lot of people seem to think for some reason). I don’t have a problem helping people, in fact, if I even remotely like you, I enjoy helping out. However, some people think I’m some kind of scrub or something, which I’m clearly not (or I am and just don’t know it), but if I don’t feel like doing something, lets not get upset at Phillip, he does things for his self sometimes too (oh, how selfish). Damn straight. Oh, and just tell the truth bastards. No need to lie to me, I handle truth like Chris Paul handles the rock.

I'm sick and tired of this Brett Favre story. Okay, he wanted to come back. Cool. We got it. So the Packers were dumb enough to go with Aaron Rogers over Favre. I get it. So Favre wanted to be traded. It happens. Oh shit, he's traded to the Jets. I didn't see that one coming. <------ That should be the story. It's been played to death. Pakers fans have to be tired of it, Aaron Rogers has to be tired of it (man he's going to get booed at their first home game) and most of all, I'm sick and tired of it. I don't give a damn anymore. What I do care is that Manny Fucking Ramarez is playing for the fucking Dodgers. God I hate that damn franchise, and the fact that they now have the best team in the division makes me want to vomit every hour on the hour. Too bad they still won't win a fucking playoff series. The NL is actually really good this season. I'll enjoy that beating more than the myriad text messages ESPN has sent me telling me that the Giants lost -- does anyone feel like that series against the Braves lasted two weeks. What is up with that? Next year, though, the Giants are winning the NL West. You heard it here first. They've shown signs of potentially being a pretty good baseball team. Just watch. Are you watching, good.

Strictly Business
A lot of things are opening up for me as far as this writing career goes. As you all know, I write for talkhoops.net, a basketball opinion website. I’ve improved a lot since my first article, which was a little over a year ago, and hope to continue to improve as long as I write. I also write for my school’s newspaper, where I will be the Editor in Chief for the upcoming school year. I have to say that my nerves have settled a bit. I was thinking about it the other day and I’m really not going to have to do much more than what I was already doing as the sports editor of the paper, I’ll just have to speak in front of all of these other students (God I hate public speaking). Outside of that, it shouldn’t be two difficult. Sure, I’ll have a depleted editorial staff, but there really wasn’t much of an editorial staff when I wasn’t running the show, it’ll work out (hopefully). Last, but not least, I’ve been recommended for the editors position for the Wasco newspaper. It’s a small weekly newspaper (much like Cal State’s), but I’ll be paid for it and I’ll be taking on a whole lot more responsibility. I will apply for the job, and if the interview goes well (yikes!) I’ll probably end up getting the job. I was kind of up all night last night thinking about how I’m going to manage editing two newspapers, school and another job (yeah I’m keeping this one, let the saving up for a Macbook commence!). I’ve decided that I’ll probably end up dropping one of my classes and just taking 12 units instead of 17, which is still full time. I’ll probably end up dropping that history class (which is still up for debate because I need to jump on this minor ASAP and I’m not sure when they’ll offer another class on Ancient Grease, a topic that has always intrigued the hell out of me). I’ll probably have no social life from September through November (especially with football starting in September and basketball in late October, you’ll never see me), and very little in December, then none again from January through June, but I guess it’s something I’ll have to give up if this is really what I want to do. Sports journalists can be gone from home for weeks at a time covering a beat, I’ll just be gone from everyone for a while just to put together a good resume and some good clips so when I finally get out of this hell hole (seriously, a cool day in Bakersfield is 94 degrees? Fuck that, I need out) I’ll be able to get a semi-decent job somewhere in either the Los Angeles or San Francisco area to start out. This will probably mean that it will take another quarter or two for me to graduate, but whatever, fuck it. It was probably going to take me another quarter more than the four years to graduate anyway, at least now I’ll have an excuse to tell the family on why it’s taking an extra year hahahaha! I’ll keep you all updated. I only told two people about it yesterday, but since one threatened to beat me up if I didn’t apply (seriously) I decided that I’d share this with you all today since I will.

Football
It’s about to start back up and I couldn’t be more excited. The Raiders are going 12-4! And that’s how I’ll end this blog.

(Word count to date: 55,288
38 days and 44,712 words to go)

2 comments:

THE CEREBRAL BEAST said...

i love it when people air out their pet peeves. check out my list of LOATHE..lol...but i did find it odd that you found it relevant to point out the kissing couple were "Mexicans"...maybe i read into that a bit much...i too am bleeding from the ears about Brett...but the saga is over and good luck to the Jets. i admire the Raiders...Thomas Howard and Johnny Lee Higgins both played for UTEP here in El Paso...so i'm rooting for them. i love football season cause i can pick up some extra cash betting against the line....you place bets?

imsohideous said...

I didn't mean anything by pointing out that they were Mexican haha. It was just an observation.

Johnny Lee Higgins can be huge for the Raiders if he can get them great field position on punt returns, lord knows they'll need it.

I'm not much of a gambler. I'll join a poker or blackjack table every once in a while, but I don't like putting my money on the line on things I have no control over.