Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fucking Kanye, man...

I just got some terrible news about my favorite producer-rapper (not to be confused with him being my favorite producer [still Quincy Jones] or my favorite rapper [still Nas being closly followed by Lupe Fiasco]). But I have mad love for Kanye (well, at least had until recently).

"Find out when Kanye West returns to hip hop! So, an EXTREMELY reliable source (Young Legend, GOOD LOOKS!) has just revealed to me that the title of Kanye’s 4th solo Lp is, 808’s & Heartbreak and it’s arriving December 16th. That’s right ladies and gentlemen, LowKey ain’t BS’ing, 808’s and Heartbreak will be hitting stores December 16th and you heard it from LowKey FIRST! I’ve also learned also that Kanye’s vocals for the entire Lp will be sprinkled with the Auto-Tuner (T-Pain’s magic vocal toy, lol). Why?? Don’t ask me, but I can assure you this will probably be 2008’s most interesting piece of audio.

After finding out the title to the LP, I now understand the title of the first single and its content. Legend also explained to me that this project will be somewhat equivalent to Andre 3000’s, The Love Below. Some are confused as to why he’s returning so early, but with the loss of his mother and the split with his fiance, Alexis Phifer, one could only imagine that type of ish he has to get off his chest!"


The first thing I thought was, "noooooooooooooooooooooo!" Then I thought about that song he did with Young Jeezy, "I Put On", and thought about what I said to my boy Davion, "If Kanye continues to do this shit I'm no longer a fan."

So what did I do, I picked up the Blackjack II, texted Davion about this "rumor" and told him if it's true I'll no longer be a fan -- and I'm not kidding.

For those of you who know me you're probably thinking, "nah, you'll still love Kanye, he'll still be hilarious and the beats will still be fresh." And you're right, he will still be funny (see: Swagger Like Us, a TI song featuring Ye, Hova and bum ass Lil Wayne), and the beats will still be dope (see: Jockin' Jay-Z or Swagger Like Us), but fuck that shit, I have standards. Wayne is funny every once in a while, so is Young Jeezy but I don't listen to those bastards just because of that -- and I'm sure as hell not going to listen to Kanye's ass if he keeps up with that autotone bullshit. That shit was cool when Black Street used it. That shit was cool when Roger and Zapp used it, but it's 2008 damnit, I don't need one of my favorite artists in the game ruining my life with that annoying ass affect -- the fucking reason I despise every damn song T-Pain is on (and yes, I loathed "The Good Life" when that shit dropped.)

Kanye is starting to piss me off. I went from being his biggest fan (mostly for his pre-College Dropout productioin, production and lyrics on The College Dropout and his hilarious mixtapes), to an even bigger fan (mostly for his Late Registration Productioin) to a really big fan who felt he sold out (mostly because he had Mos Def, Talib Kweli and Common on his first album and T-Pain and Lil Wayne on his third) to being utterly disgusted (mostly because there are rumors of him using auto tone for his whole fucking fourth album.)

I'm just letting you know, if that shit is true, I'm never actually buying one of his albums again (and I bought the first two twice! only because my first copies were stolen though).

Damn I'm pissed.

Stay Hideous
-PB




PS!!!!! IF ANYONE CAN GET THEIR HANDS ON A MIXTAPE CALLED "THE LAST DRAGON" BY SOME GUY NAMED OZY REIGNS PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND GET ME A COPY. I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIND THIS SHIT FOR THREE DAYS! OZY REIGNS IS A NEW HOT LYRICISTS -- REMEMBER WHO PUT YOU UP ON HIM WHEN HE GETS BIG!

BUT REALLY THOUGH, HIT ME UP IF YOU CAN FIND THAT SHIT -- AND YOU KNOW IT'S IMPORTANT BECAUSE I NEVER TYPE IN ALL CAPS!

THANKS

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/144057900/The_Last_Dragon.rar

imsohideous said...

you're a life saver. where did you find this?

thanks

No1deasoriginaL said...

i personally dont follow the "whatever YE does is GOD" statement, but i will say this:


I love how he is taking it in a new direction. I like the mood of lovelockdown(been bumping it lately). I feel that he's gotten alot darker as an artist, which leaves me wanting more.

The whole school theme was cool but he's been running it for well around 5 years now, everything eventually comes to an end, at some point you need to grow as an artist.

If he confined himself in doing the same thing repetitively it would eventually get boring.I think that if Kanye is going to do what I think hes trying to do with this next album, he's going to alienate alot of people. It happens everytime you switch styles or try something new. But if you dont do it you risk becoming boring and irrelevant.

I also am excited that he is moving on and doing things that are challenging himself and his audience, I can do nothing but respect that.Even if he gets a few Q's about "why is he using autotune?"

on an endnote:
I hope the next few songs that are released from this project show some relevence to "lovelockdown", i hope its dark and i hope it aint corny. yes, i have my doubts, but don't we all have them about new albums that are going to be released.

-raymond

p.s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s

dope blog btw.
yeah adrian brought that "last dragon" album and we listened to it. pretty dope. I was surprised i hadn't ran into it.

If you ever need anything "music wise" let me know i got alot of underground (which grows by the day. and some discographies(both mainstream/underground & i'll up it for you if i can't find a link.


-later

imsohideous said...

I've been able to find pretty much everything I wanted, I just couldn't find that mixtape.

I didn't write that "every Ye does is God" line, that was from the site I was reading, but I pretty much loved everything he's done up until this point.

I loved the feel of Love Lockdown, but I'm just not feeling that auto tune shit.

If you got any other artists that a lot of people aren't up on let me know. I'm always looking to listen to new stuff.

Anonymous said...

i just put in a request in a forum (p4tm) and they came through.

Mike Turner said...

I see you're finally realizing that your boy is a BITCH. And I'm not talking about just because he has that dumb ass voice shit. I can't wait for an emcee comes and knocks his sensitive ass out. i've come to realize that Hip Hop is now considered entertainment.

meerski said...

ya the whole monotone thing gets on my damn nerves..i mean it woulda been cool in like 1 MAYBE 2 songs just to act dumb or funny but now its like
"bleh" that shit is wack
i think ill download the album..
not buy it