Monday, August 24, 2009

The Dawn Of A New Era

I've had friends and family alike asking me why I haven't been writing lately. Well, the answer to that is two-fold. I actually HAVE been writing, a lot; it's just that I've felt like I needed to go back to my roots to move forward with where I want to be. I've been back in the notebooks and off of the computer screen and have seen improvements in my creativity and differences in my thought processes. When you do things a certain way for so long, you get stuck in those ways and things become too repetitive. However, that is only the beginning.

I'm also beginning a couple of new projects. The first, has officially begun today. I'm going to be writing for, and being paid by the trufan network to write about Southern California basketball, mainly the Lakers, Clippers, UCLA and USC, albeit I'll pretty much have free range on the blog and write about whatever the hell I want to write about. I posted my first blog today, which you can read here, and will maintain the same name as this blog. Please check it out and I'll keep you updated via facebook, myspace and, when I get around to creating my account, twitter.

The second project is currently in the works right now. I'm working on creating a blog that is all about California basketball. Lakers, Clippers, Kings, Warriors, USC, UCLA, Stanford, CAL, smaller D1 colleges, and some high school coverage. I'm hoping to have that site up by the end of September. Right now I'm working on how I want the site run, recruiting writers (please let me know if you'd like to contribute to any of the afore mentioned teams or if you know anyone who would be interested), and networking with other bloggers to help get the site some readership as soon as possible. It all begins today and I'm excited. It's going to be a lot of work, time consuming and stressful considering I'm going into my last school year, will still be covering as many sporting events as possible for my school's newspaper and contributing to talkhoops.net for everything I write outside of California basketball.

I'm still debating on whether or not I want to continue my education into grad school, but It's looking like I'm going to make a pass on that, so I got to get on my grind now and pound out as many words, up as many blog posts, and have as many by lines as possible before I graduate (292 days, but who's counting).

It's the dawn of a new era ladies and gentlemen.

2 comments:

Ed The Sports Fan said...

Hey man, keep pressing and get that paper (money and degree, not necessarily in order) but you know we supporting you regardless, even you writing about those funky ass Lakers and Trojans. Sorry, I couldn't help myself, lol.

-Ed.

imsohideous said...

Thanks, appreciate it Ed.